Wi-Fi Service Expectations for Holiday Home Owners
1. Service Coverage Expectations:
- Your Private Network Wi-Fi coverage is available within your holiday home (for internet access in our facilities, please use the Guest@”YourPark” Wi-Fi service).
- Coverage is intended for a minimum of 50% of your Holiday Home
- Coverage can be impacted by wall density, the insulation of your holiday home and certain materials used in construction. Although best endeavours will be made, 100% coverage throughout the season is not guaranteed & should not be expected.
2. Speed / Usage
By providing Wi-Fi to Holiday Home Owners we always prioritize your connection and speed above our Guest network for Holiday Makers. Therefore, you can expect the following:
- At least 10Mbps Upload and Download and limited to 40Mbs per holiday home, which is adequate for streaming music and standard definition video.
- Enough bandwidth for internet browsing and email access (among other low bandwidth internet services).
- Device intercommunication is allowed. For example, printing to a wireless printer or using a Chromecast (or equivalent) to cast media to a Smart TV.
However, you should not expect the following as they are not supported:
- Guarantees of consistent speed during peak times. Although you should always have a stable connection from within core facilities & receptions.
- Increased Mobile Phone signal.
- A reliable and consistent Online Gaming or Media Streaming experience.
- Warranties or service level assurances.
- Ethernet Port connectivity – Our devices are configured to provide Wireless connectivity only.
3. Guest Network
- There is an alternative Guest wireless network for guests using your Holiday Home. You may ask them to use this network rather than use your own account. Please find assistance with connecting here: www.shorefield.co.uk/about-us/guest-Wi-Fi
- The Guest network is throttled to a maximum upload and download speed of 3mbs.
4. Service Support
- Shorefield Holidays Ltd employees are not permitted to configure your devices; however, advice and assistance may be given, and a quick start guide is available here: Your private network quick start guide
- Service black spots will be investigated with Shorefield owned equipment to confirm if the network is within original working parameters.
- Best endeavours will be made to resolve black spots without additional cost to owners.
- If 50% coverage is achieved, Shorefield Team are not obliged to take further steps. Additional works or equipment would be chargeable to the owner with a quote being arranged with our Sales Team.
- To request assistance with the Wi-Fi service, please first contact your parks Reception team. Alternatively, or for further troubleshooting assistance please raise a support request via our portal. Our Wi-Fi support team will respond within 2 working days between 08:30-17:30 Mon-Fri & between 8:30-13:00 Saturday.
Terms and Conditions
On occasions, for technical, legal or operational reasons, the service may not be available. We will also control the types of material that can be sent or received over the Wi-Fi service. You must not rely on the Wi-Fi service for emergency calling or work purposes. If necessary, we can also suspend your access at any time at our sole discretion without responsibility to you. Your use of the Wi-Fi service is at your own risk, we are not responsible to you for any damages, losses, costs or expenses you suffer because the Wi-Fi service is unavailable, does not operate as expected or causes loss or damage to any data.
The Network may not be used in a manner that damages Shorefield Holidays Limited's reputation or goodwill; violates another ISP's acceptable use policy and/or terms of service; or interferes with another's use of the network.
Full Terms and Conditions of the service are available via our website at the following web address: www.shorefield.co.uk/wifitermsofservice
Last updated: 21st January 2022