These park rules are in place for the safety of you, our holiday guests and for good park management of all the Shorefield Parks and for the benefit of all who use them.
- You should use the park and its facilities safely and should not cause danger to others.
- Please obey all health and safety notices displayed on the park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
- It is a good idea to familiarise children with the park layout and whereabouts you are staying, the park map will help with this.
- Children remain the responsibility of their guardians at all times. Our children’s clubs are great, but do not act as child care facilities.
- If attending children’s events please let the Shorefield staff know if your child suffers with any medical conditions or allergies.
- Please ensure all accidents are reported to the park reception, or staff nearby.
- In the event of an emergency call 999 immediately, then inform Reception or on call park representative (contact number will be in your accommodation and in the welcome pack).
Swimming pool safety
- You must follow the procedure for use of the swimming pool and all the separate rules applicable to the pool. The rules and procedure are displayed at the swimming pool and are also available at reception.
- Before entering the pool, please remove all jewellery and use the showers provided.
- Children under 8 are not permitted in the pool areas and swimming pools unless accompanied by an adult guardian (16+) who is responsible for their conduct and safety at all times.
- A maximum of 2 children between the ages of 0 and 7 can be supervised by a responsible guardian (16+) on a 1:2 basis by a responsible guardian (16+).
- Please read the fire safety notice in your accommodation and familiarise yourself with the emergency action.
- Please do not store anything in the boiler cupboard area.
- In case of fire please raise the alarm at your nearest fire point.
- You must ensure that all occupants of your caravan are familiar with the location of the Fire Points and the contents of the Fire Notices displayed at each point.
- Smoking is NOT permitted in any accommodation.
- In the rare event of a gas leak, please report it to reception or park staff immediately.
- Do not smoke, use naked flames, and operate electrical switches or mobile phones.
- Please open doors and windows as you leave and turn the gas off outside the unit.
- Please ensure your holiday home is locked when out and about.
- Possessions left unattended are the sole responsibility of the guest and not the park.
- Any additional guests visiting you at your holiday home after arrival must check-in with reception before passing the barrier.
Tents or Gazebos
- You must not erect any tent, canopy, gazebo or similar structure on the self-catering holiday parks.
- We permit the use of BBQs with caution. Hot coals may not be disposed of in the refuse bins. Please dispose of any coals considerately.
- BBQs should not be used on any surface that could pose a risk of fire or scorching such as decking, grass or furniture
- If your accommodation has a hot tub please read the information contained with the “Your Hot Tub Guide to Safe Usage” poster located within the unit.
- Please only use washing lines of the window sill type. These must be removed and stored out of sight immediately after use.
- A coin-operated laundry with washing machines and dryers is available at all parks.
- Please do not dispose of refuse outside your holiday home. You should use the refuse bins provided.
- Recycling points are available on the park and you should use these facilities where appropriate.
Vehicles and Driving
- You must insure all vehicles you use on the park as for use on the public road.
- You must insure all accessories and items towed by vehicles (such as trailers) as for use on the public road.
- Quad bikes, trials bikes and powered scooters are not permitted on the park.
- Driving on the park is restricted to the park roads. Please do not drive on the grass, or gaps between caravans for short cuts.
- Seat belts must be worn.
- You must drive all vehicles on the park carefully and within the displayed speed limit which is 10 miles per hour.
- You must hold a full current driving licence to drive any vehicle on the park.
- You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons at the park and we do not permit learner drivers to drive on the park.
- Please ensure children take care when crossing the road.
- It is an offence to drive any vehicles under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
- All roads in the park are subject to the same laws as public highways.
- You should respect the privacy of other self-catering and touring guests and keep noise to a minimum between the hours of 9.00 p.m. and 9.00 a.m. with absolute quiet between 10.00 p.m. and 8.00 a.m.
- Please keep away from any vacant pitches.
- You must finish any barbecues or outdoor parties by 9.00 p.m.
- You must finish any party or gathering by 10.00 p.m.
- You must be mindful of the enjoyment of others. We would ask you to limit the number of day guests to your holiday home / pitch to a number no more than twice the number of berths in your holiday home e.g. for a six berth the maximum number of day guests is twelve.
- The number of people staying in accommodation must not exceed the maximum number it is intended for as shown when you request a booking and must only be those named on the booking confirmation. Infants under 2 years old do not count toward the number of people staying in accommodation.
- You must not use fire hoses for any improper purpose including such as washing cars or other items or for watering gardens or plants.
- You must not use any Chinese lanterns, fireworks or similar.
Ejection on grounds of behaviour
- In the event of persistent or serious misconduct by you, a member of your family, visitors or guests, we will ask you to leave immediately.
- Dogs and cats are permitted in your accommodation if this has been requested and paid for at the time of your holiday booking. Subject to the rules below. All other animals and pets are not permitted.
- You must keep any dog on a short lead at all times on the park.
- Please clean up if your animal defecates on the park and use the specific bins provided.
- If a pet is a nuisance you will be asked to remove it from the park.
Pets are not permitted in any of the park buildings, except for the Milford Lounge at Shorefield Country Park
- Nothing in these park rules prevents you from bringing an assistance dog into the park buildings if this is required to support your disability and Assistance Dogs UK or any successor body has issued you with an Identification Book or other appropriate evidence.
- You may only play ball and other games in the areas set aside for recreation.
- Please do not fly kites on the park.
- You may not use drones, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying objects on the park.
- You may not use segways, hover boards, or electric micro scooters or similar at the park
- The Park Operator reserves the right to operate CCTV throughout its parks for the safety and security of its guests and staff. These devices are operated by Shorefield Holidays Limited. Please address any correspondence to the CCTV Controller at the Company address below.
In addition to the above park rules, see below Touring Park specific to adhere to:
- The number of persons permitted to stay in touring caravans/tents must not exceed that for which they are designed in berths.
- No wires or laundry lines are to be hung around the park.
- All pitches are to be left free of rubbish prior to departure.
- No fires are permitted, and BBQs are not to be lit at ground level, to stop patches of grassed areas becoming scorched.
- The use of duckboards and pallets for flooring is not permitted.
- Only approved groundsheets to be used inside awnings, which must be lifted when not in use.
- Boats, trailers, jet skis and horse boxes are not permitted on the park.
- All touring caravans and contents must be insured. Shorefield Holidays Limited is not responsible for any damage to any customer’s property whilst on our touring parks.
- Touring owners using our Merley storage facility must sign a separate storage agreement.
- Please advise the touring park staff if you wish to use awning heaters. If agreed these must not be left on whilst no one is occupying the touring caravan.
- Gazebos and event awnings must not exceed 3m x 3m (selected plots only will accommodate these). Please check with the touring park staff.
Correspondence regarding these park rules
Please address all communications to:
Shorefield Holidays Ltd,
Milford on Sea,