Whilst we would usually get together and celebrate the occasion in person at a glitzy awards night to recognise our outstanding staff members, the current situation meant that this wasn't possible. But that wasn't enough to stop us celebrating... As we went virtual!
This year in particular, things have been extremely challenging and our teams have had to adapt under pressure and often at short notice to the many changes we have been presented with. Our fantastic staff have all done an incredible job in doing so, introducing new systems and procedures to help keep all our guests safe. That's why now more than ever we wanted to make sure they were recognised.
This year, the Shorefield Holiday Heroes Awards (also known as 'The Biggest Virtual Awards Night') took place on Saturday 23rd January as a virtual celebration.
No awards night would be complete without a glass or two to cheers and toast with, so our 'Shorefield Elves' went above and beyond to ensure each member of staff received a fantastic goody bag full of treats and tipple to their doorstep, for them to enjoy on the night.
Each year, the winner of the coveted Dr. Pollock Academy Award is revealed at the awards night too. Created in honour of the company’s founder, the Dr. Pollock Academy was set up to recognise and nurture outstanding employees.
The initiative rewards talented staff members with an ongoing training programme and funding towards career development and education, for the duration of their employment with us. This is key for helping each academy member to progress as far as they can within the business.
- A special congratulations goes to Izzy Argiz and Lucy Vaughan, our winners of the coveted Dr. Pollock Academy Award this year!
“Having only been with the business a relatively short time, I am thrilled to have won this award as it means the people in the business have seen something about me that they are keen to invest in. This award instils me with confidence and I look forward to growing as a person within the business and contributing towards the success of it.” Lucy Vaughan | Fitness Club Manager
Izzy, Assistant Accountant, said: "I was really surprised but excited to have been awarded the Dr Pollock Award. I have been working for Shorefield Holidays for over 8 years now and the company have always been so supportive and encouraging of my development. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to progress through my accountancy qualifications and carry on my career with Shorefield Holidays.”
The winners in each category were:
- Employee of the Year - Ryan Swatridge and Jonny Maher
- Team of the Year - Reservations
- Covid Champion - Dave Black
- Home Worker of the Year - Bev Waters
- Furloughed Achiever - Donna Nicole
- Lockdown Heroes - Sarah Jones, Ryan Swatridge, Jonny Maher and Mark Hatchett
- Best Role Model - Kaz Mortimer
- Best Team Player - Jacqui Woodford
- Rising Star - Chloe Smith
- Shining Star - Martin Rickman
- Emerald Star - Ian Colverson
- Estates/Warden of the Year - Mark Hatchett
- Housekeeping Person of the Year - Sarah Rickman
- Sales Person of the Year - Ellis Cox
- Leisure Member of the Year - Jamie Bradley
- Administrator of the Year - Carolyn Child
- Retail Champion - Barbara Joshua
- Service Provider of the Year - Iain Howarth
- Manager of the Year - Sarah Jones
- Customer Experience King or Queen - Bobbie Lawrence
- Innovator - Simon Bransgrove, Ryan Swatridge and Hannah Rodgers
- Social Contributor - Ian Colverson
- Qarrot Champion - Hannah Rodgers
- Best Attendance - Bobbie Lawrence, Aimee Moody and Pete Hurford
- Holidaymaker Vote - Tilly Ennals
- Owners Vote - Ellis Cox
We are constantly putting a huge focus on our staff, which we believe has helped us offer outstanding service across the whole business. As proof of this, we've been recognised in a range of industry awards including
- David Bellamy Conservation Awards - GOLD accolade (2020/21)
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year - 2019 Beautiful South Awards (Lavender House - Silver)
- Touring, Camping, caravanning and Holiday Park of the Year - 2020 Dorset Tourism Awards (Finalist, awards to take place and the winners announced in February)
- Camping & Holiday Park of the Year - 2020 Beautiful South Awards (Finalist, awards to take place and the winners announced in March)
We'd just like to say a huge congratulations to all our winners and nominees! It certainly was great to celebrate all that we have achieved this year, despite all that's going on. We look forward to doing it all again next year, hopefully in person!
Does this sound like somewhere you'd want to work? Why not take a look at our current vacancies.