Our Buyers Guide
Shorefield Holidays has been in the holiday park business for over 60 years. Our experience will help you find the right caravan or lodge for you, on the right park. We will also explain how the fees and various other services work.
Should I buy a holiday home?
Purchasing on a Holiday Park isn’t like buying a house, there are no solicitors involved and all of our paperwork is based on guidelines by the BH&HPA (British Holiday & Home Parks Association) which we are proud to be members of.
- We don’t want you to rush any decision. If you choose your park carefully, we know you won’t be disappointed.
- Watch our informative guide to ownership (right) which might answer some of your questions or read our buyers guide below:
A buyers guide to holiday home ownership infographic
- This is a commonly asked question the team receive as this isn’t like buying a house, there are no mortgages available, but we have good news, we use specialised funding that is available from BlackHorse and Barclays so that you can spread the costs between affordable monthly payments. However, a minimum of 20% of the total sales value will be required initially. Terms can go over 10 years for new unit, and have a fixed APR for the term. Our APR can vary depending on what we can receive from our lenders.
2. Annual Fees
- As with owning any home, there are running costs. These include annual site fees, local rates, gas, electricity and insurance. Naturally, these change from year to year.
- Site fees depend on your park location and vary from park to park and start from £3,880. They not only cover your refuse collection, maintenance and security, but your entrance to all the park venues and facilities, alongside the right to site your holiday home on our park. Other things are included in your site fees too, like grass cutting and general park upkeep. You’ll find full details for your park during your VIP visit.
- Our Holiday Home Ownership Team will always be on hand to help and we make every effort to ensure full transparency with regards to pricing and fees, with no hidden extras to surprise you. Once you’ve paid your pre-specified deposit, we will help with insurance, park siting and installation, including connecting all mains and other services.
- Shorefield Holidays Limited are proud to be authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for credit-related regulated activities.
- On all new 12ft wide holiday homes which cost under £60,000, you will have a 15 year licence, whilst 12ft holiday homes costing over £60,000 are licenced for 20 Years. If you purchase a company pre-owned caravan, we will issue a licence period depending on its age and condition, typically they will range from 8 Years to 14 years. Our luxury lodges typically come with a 30 year licence, but is dependent on the size and specification of the lodge purchased.
- At any point from owning your holiday home you can upgrade your holiday home; this is very similar to part exchanging your car. Or if you no longer wish to be an owner on one of our parks, our teams can give you lots of advice on the best way of selling your holiday home and assist with any viewings you may have.
We never share or sell your personal details to third parties.
Save up to £10,000 in our end of season winter...SALE
Shorefield Holidays end of season sale runs from 1st November 2018 to 31st January 2019. Save up to £10,000 off any stock caravan or lodge, plus receive an Entertainment pack worth over £1000 for any completions within 2 weeks of sign-up.