This year, the 'Best of British' awards dinner took place on Thursday 21st November, with nominees across a range of categories in attendance.
The winners in each category were:
- Rising Star - Kim Whettingsteel & Shirley Fisher
- Innovation Award - Jonny Maher & Mark Fugett
- Health & Safety Champion - Ian Colverson
- Walking on Sunshine Champion - Sophie Cutler
- Leadership Award - Jonny Maher
- Employee of the Year - Angela Tait
- Team of the Year - Swanage
- People's Choice Award - Merley Wardens
- New for 2019: CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) Award - Mary Winter-Taylor
We also celebrated our longstanding staff, with awards recognising employees who have been with the business for 10, 20 and 25 years!
Not only this, but we were delighted to celebrate with our Finance Director, Sara Bertin, on her 40th year with our company.
Each year, the winner of the coveted Dr. Pollock Academy Award is revealed at the awards night too. Created in honour of the company’s founder, the Dr. Pollock Academy was set up to recognise and nurture outstanding employees.
The initiative rewards talented staff members with an ongoing training programme and funding towards career development and education, for the duration of their employment with us. This is key for helping each academy member to progress as far as they can within the business.
- A special congratulations goes to Sophie Cutler, this year's winner of the coveted Dr. Pollock Academy award.
We are constantly putting a huge focus on our staff, which we believe has helped us offer outstanding service across the whole business. As proof of this, we've been recognised in a range of industry awards including
- Best Family Fun Lodges & Parks in Britain Award - Hoseasons Diamond Awards (2019 Winner)
- David Bellamy Conservation Awards - GOLD accolade (2019/20)
- Holiday Park or Village of the Year - Dorset Tourism Awards (Bronze Winner)
- Management Team of the Year - Solent 250 Awards (2018 Winner)
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year - Beautiful South Awards (Lavender House - Silver)
- Women in IT Excellence Awards - Georgie Tominey, our ICT Support Technician (2018 Finalist)
- Woman of the Year (Large Company) - National Business Women's Awards; Sara Bertin our Finance Director (2018 runner-up)
The night was also rounded off with a fantastic performance from Decade Live, who managed to get everyone on the dance floor and enjoying the night.
We'd just like to say a huge congratulations to all our winners and nominees! It certainly was a fantastic evening of celebration, and we look forward to doing it all again next year.
Does this sound like somewhere you'd want to work? Why not take a look at our current vacancies.