This year, the glittering awards dinner took place on Thursday 8th November, with nominees across a range of categories in attendance.
The winners in each category were:
- Rising Star - Izzy Argiz
- Health & Safety Champion - Darren Cox
- Walking on Sunshine Champion - Sophie Cutler
- Innovation Award - Marie-Pierre Cottam & Mark Windsor
- Leadership Award - Katie Ward
- Food & Beverage Team of the Year - Oakdene
- Employee of the Year - Mark Fugett
- Team of the Year - Shorefield Entertainment & Shorefield Estates
- New for 2018: People's Choice Award - John Candy & Katie Ward
We also celebrated our longstanding staff, with awards recognising employees who have been with the business for 10, 20, 25 and 30 years!
The Dr. Pollock Academy, created in honour of the company’s founder, was set up to recognise and nurture outstanding employees. Each year, the initiative rewards talented staff members with an ongoing training programme, which enables them to progress as far as they can within the business for the duration of their employment with us.
- A special congratulations goes to Aimee Moody, this year's winner of the coveted Dr. Pollock Academy award.
We are constantly putting a huge focus on our staff, which we believe has helped us offer an outstanding service across the whole business. As proof of this, we've been recognised in a range of industry awards including:
- Management Team of the Year - Solent 250 Awards (2018 Winner)
- Training & Development Awards - New Forest Brilliance in Business Awards (2017/18 Winner)
- Board Level and Senior Executive of the Year - Women in Business Awards; Sara Bertin, our Finance Director (2017 Winner)
- Holiday Park or Village of the Year - Dorset Tourism Awards (Bronze Winner)
- Self-Catering Accommodation of the Year - Beautiful South Awards (Lavender House - Silver)
- Rising Star - SME - Women in IT Excellence Awards; Georgie Tominey, our ICT Support Technician (2018 Finalist)
- Best Company to Work For - Solent 250 Awards (2018/19 Finalist)
- Champion of Change - Women in Business Awards; Kaz Mortimer, our Group General Manager (2018 Finalist)
- Woman of the Year (Large Company) - National Business Women's Awards; Sara Bertin our Finance Director (2018 runner-up)
We'd just like to say a huge congratulations to all our winners and nominees! It certainly was a fantastic evening of celebration, and we look forward to doing it all again next year.
Does this sound like somewhere you'd want to work? Why not take a look at our current vacancies.