Terms & Conditions
We would like to take this opportunity to remind you of our Terms & Conditions
Shorefield Holidays Ltd
Address of Registered Office: Shorefield Road, Milford on Sea, Lymington, Hampshire SO41 0LH
Registered Number: 607997
Place of Registration: England
Cancellation Protection Scheme
The cover is effective from the date payment is received and covers against cancellation providing that the reason for cancellation falls within the terms and conditions of the policy. Unless you tell us otherwise we have arranged for you to automatically receive the Shorefield Holiday Cancellation Protection Scheme, which is charged as follows (per week or break):
| Self Catering Holidays
|| £5.00 per unit per night|
| Touring Holidays
|| £2.50 per pitch per night|
Our cover is effective from the date payment is received and covers against cancellation providing that the reason for cancellation falls within the terms and conditions of the policy.
If you do not pay a deposit but pay the whole balance of your holiday the deposit will be deemed as follows:
| Self Catering Breaks £ 75.00 per break for caravans/chalets and £100 per break for lodges/bungalows|
| Self Catering Weeks £150.00 per week for caravans/chalets and £250 per week for lodges/bungalows |
| Tents for Rent £100 per week £50 per break |
| Touring 25% of the tariff|
The cancellation protection scheme is designed to protect you and your family if you have to cancel your holiday. Cover is provided to relieve you of the responsibility for payment of your balance of hire if you have to cancel for the following reasons:
- Accident or illness of you or any member of your party included on your booking form
- Death or Disablement of you or any member of your party or a close relative
- Jury or Witness service (in a Court of Law)
Please note that the Cancellation Protection Scheme does not cover holidays that have to be cancelled for any other reason (curtailment) or curtailed once you have arrived.
Should an unforeseen event occur and you wish to claim under the cancellation protection scheme, you must first contact our Central Reservations by phone and confirm this in writing, signed by the party leader. If you have to cancel your holiday for medical reasons we require written confirmation from a Medical Practitioner. The refund (if applicable) will be calculated as detailed below from the date we receive your cancellation letter. There will be a retained administration charge of £25 for self catering holidays and £1.25 per night on touring holidays. You will then be sent written details of the charges.
Up to 12 weeks before your holiday start date 100% of all amounts received in respect of your holiday (excluding the cancellation protection scheme premium and the administration charge)
4-12 weeks before your holiday start date, we shall refund the balance of hire if received and the deposit, provided the Company is able to re-let the holiday (excluding the cancellation protection scheme premium and the administration charge)
8 - 27 days before your holiday start date, we shall refund your balance of hire but not your deposit, the administration charge or the cancellation protection scheme premium.
7 days or less before your holiday start date we shall refund 50% of all monies paid (less cancellation scheme and administration charge) due to the short notice. However the amount of refund may be increased if we are able to re-let.
If you do not subscribe to the cancellation protection scheme all monies paid will automatically be lost. The full balance of hire is due within 7 days to confirm your holiday if you do not subscribe to the cancellation protection scheme.
Paying For Your Holiday
We accept payment by debit and credit cards - (Visa, MasterCard, Visa Delta, Switch, Connect or Solo). We make a charge of 1.5% for credit card payment, there is no charge for payment made by debit card. Please do not send cash. In order to safeguard against credit card fraud, the card used to pay for the holiday may be required to be shown on check in.
For 2014 a utility charge applies of £5 per night from 1 April to 31 October and £7.50 per night for 1 November to 31 March, this can either be paid prior to your holiday or on arrival.
On receipt of your booking form/payment we'll forward your Booking Confirmation this also gives details of the cover you have under the cancellation protection scheme, the cost of which is added automatically to your Confirmation (unless you tell us that you do not require it). If any of the information contained on the Booking Confirmation is wrong, please telephone Central Reservations immediately, as we may be unable to change it at a later date.
Our Agreement with You
When a deposit has been paid and a booking confirmed a contract exists between yourself and Shorefield Holidays Limited. The person making the booking is liable for the total hire charge, even if you are unable to take your holiday. We strongly recommend a holiday cancellation protection scheme.
Changing or Cancelling your Booking
You can change your booking with us provided the change is made no less than 12 weeks before your holiday start date. There will be a charge of £25 for this, which is also subject to availability. Each change to a holiday is chargeable. All changes must be made with Central Reservations. If you are prevented from taking your holiday for some unforeseen reason, we shall do our best to assist you. Please contact Central Reservations as soon as possible and also read the section on the cancellation protection scheme, which gives protection against cancellation in certain circumstances. You may cancel your holiday at any time, and the refunds due to you will be as in the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Your Booking Contract
These terms and conditions are in addition to those stated in the Booking Your Holiday section.
- For all bookings in Wisteria House at Shorefield Country Park, there will be a standard securtiy deposit/good housekeeping bond of £250 payable on arrival. For all other accommodation the Management reserve the right to charge a security deposit and this will be advised at the time of booking. Single sex parties must seek prior approval from Shorefield Holidays Ltd before a booking is accepted and may be charged a security deposit. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any party that does not comply with the terms and conditions.
- The number of persons permitted to stay in self-catering units/touring units must not exceed that for which they are designed. Infants under two are not required to be counted as members of the party. Only named people on your booking confirmation can occupy a holiday home and we may ask that anyone not listed leaves the park.
- The number of persons permitted to stay in touring units must not exceed that for which they are designed. Maximum pitch occupancy is 6 persons (not including infants under two) and includes 1 car. Additional person per night £4. Day visitor charges £2 per adult and £1 each per child/dog/car.
- The balance of hire on your holiday is due not less than 12 weeks before the start of your holiday or the booking will be cancelled. No refund of the deposit will be made.
- The period of your stay is as follows: Arrival from 2pm for Signature, 3pm for Superior & Bungalows and from 4pm for Select and Supersaver Caravan Holiday Homes & Supersaver Chalets & Tents for Rent. Departure by 10.00am. Please collect and deliver keys to reception. Your touring pitch is available from 12 noon on the day of arrival, departure by 10am.
- Shorefield Holidays Ltd will not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage, direct or indirect, loss or damage to any property, however caused, sustained by or occasioned to any person (including persons under 18 years).
- Shorefield Holidays Ltd reserves the right to refuse to hand over accommodation to any person/s, who, in their opinion, is/are not suitable to take charge. Any refund will be at the discretion of the Directors of Shorefield Holidays Ltd. on arrival you may be asked for a security deposit payable by debit/credit card which wil be refunded on departure if the accommodation has been left in a reasonable state.
- If, in the opinion of Shorefield Holidays Ltd, any person/s is/are not suitable to continue the holiday because of unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or annoyance to other holidaymakers, the Contract may be discharged. In this event, the hirer shall remain liable to pay the hire price and no refund shall be due. The hirer shall also be liable for any damage caused in the holiday home. The owner also reserves the right to enter any accommodation under special circumstances or emergencies. Excessive noise levels will not be tolerated at any time and we ask that noise is kept to a minimum after 10pm or before 9am.
- Non-swimmers and children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a responsible adult in the Leisure Club and outside pools. Children under 14 are not permitted in some licensed areas of the club. Some of the Leisure Club facilities are not available to children under 16. Please note that under 7's must be accompanied by an adult when attending Cyril and Cybil entertainment and children's club.
- During busy periods, there may be a restriction on the time you can spend in/at the swimming pools. A £1 deposit will be charged for wristbands. Please make sure that all babies and non toilet trained toddlers wear swim nappies. Please note that all our parks have open water features and therefore children should be supervised at all times.
- Mail and messages by phone will be held for you at reception. They will not be delivered to your holiday home unless in an emergency. Please make sure that you tell your friends and relatives your holiday home reference number. It is up to holidaymakers to check with reception for any mail or messages.
- Well behaved sports, youth, church, team building groups etc are welcomed on our Parks and there may be some dates when a park is primarily occupied by such a group, if this is the case we will endeavour to advise you of this at this time of booking.
- We are unable to accept liability if we are prevented from supplying a service to you due to a Force Majeure, an event which we cannot avoid, such as act of God, civil commotion, riot, war, explosion, accident, flooding, hurricane, snow, unusually low or high temperatures, earthquake, terrorism and any similar events which are outside of our control.
- The parks are in country locations and you may benefit from bringing a torch with you. Some accommodation is wooded areas. There are birds, squirrels and rabbits in the grounds and very occasionally there may be indigenous insects such as ants that find their way into accommodation. Suitable ant killer is available to purchase from our Supermarkets.
- We request that cycle helmets be worn by both adults and children at all times when cycling. Please bring them with you or hire them with your bicycles when you arrive. Do not leave bicycles unsecured around the Parks.
- Please try to arrive before 8pm. We regret that we cannot accept arrivals after 10pm. On arrival you may be required to show identification.
- Please look after your holiday property and the Park facilities so that they may be enjoyed by all. Please report any accidental damage to Reception immediately, so that we can make a repair or replacement. We inspect the accommodation between departure and arrival and any loss or damage may be charged for. Ball games are not permitted in the areas between and around accommodation.
- All details in this brochure are as accurate as possible at the time of going to press. As we print the brochure many months in advance of your holiday date, we cannot guarantee that any amenity, service or facility will be available for your holiday. We reserve the right to make unavoidable changes and will advise you of any changes affecting your holiday where those changes occur prior to our acceptance of your booking.
- The Bye Laws and Conditions of the District Council must be observed, as must also the usual rules relating to good caravanning.
- On occasion we may need to move you to an alternative unit, we reserve the right to do this either prior to arrival, on arrival or during your stay. This will be to a similar or higher standard of accommodation.
- Complaints - Any complaint you have with any aspect of your holiday should be notified to us as soon as possible while you are still on holiday so that we can resolve the problem. We may not be able to consider any request for refund/compensation if we have not been made aware of your complaint at the time and noted your comments. For complaints regarding any department, please ask for the relevant manager. For any other problem please contact Reception. We will do our utmost to help you enjoy your stay.
- Wherever possible, routine maintenance is carried out at night. However, we sometimes have to close facilities to carry out unavoidable routine maintenance or for health and safety reasons during the day. We shall endeavour to keep such disruption to a minimum.
- From time to time we offer discounted holidays. Discounting is somewhat like the stocks and shares market...some buy in at lower prices and it is up to the strength of the market at the current time. The price you agreed to pay gave you a wider choice of accommodation, dates and locations on our parks than someone who took part in one of our last minute discount offers. There is no right to a discount if the same or similar holiday is discounted at a later date.
- We charge VAT at the current rate. If this changes in the course of the year we will re-invoice your holiday if applicable. If any new taxes or levies are introduced during the course of the year, we shall re-invoice your holiday accordingly.
- We have the right either during or after your stay, to recover from you (whether via the credit/debit card used to pay for the holiday or otherwise) if necessary the cost of any property or accommodation damage, any compensation we may pay to others or any other costs, fees or levies which we may incur resulting from your action or inaction and from any breach of this agreement.
- Further information regarding accessibility on the parks and facilities for our disabled guests can be viewed in our Accessibility Statement.